Think back to the last time you wrote while you were in “The Zone” and write down your answers to these questions.
- Did the words flow effortlessly from your fingertips?
- What feelings filled your heart?
- Were you conscious of time passing?
When I’m in “The Zone” my heart is filled with love, joy and compassion and time no longer exists. Writing is effortless and all the right words magically appear.If you struggle to find that magical zone when you sit down to write, try this exercise. Click To Tweet
Take 2 minutes to reflect on:
- Why do you love writing?
- Why do you want to write this book?
- What is the impact you want to make in the life of your ideal reader?
- Why is it so important for you to make this impact in their life?
- Breathe in your deep gratitude for the opportunity to write today.
With these thoughts at the forefront, your writing session becomes filled with excitement and possibility.
It’s a simple routine that draws on the power of your daily commitment to write, even when you don’t feel like it.
I hope you discover, as I did, that your feelings about writing completely transformed in seconds.
The more you practice this skill, the easier it will be for you to enter “The Creative Zone” at will.
Thank you for sharing your journey!
Empowering non-fiction authors - just like you - so you can turn your dream of writing a book into your published reality. Yes, you really can go from blank page to finished first draft to published book, with ease.